Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Guardians

Watercolor by Anarh1a, Novorossiysk, Russia
"Chernobog & Belobog"
Her Instagram:  HERE

Guardians

Perhaps it isn't an angel that rests
upon each shoulder offering virtue and vice,
but Falcons, white and black,

one of day, the other night
One teases temptation,
the other promises redemption;

both have talons tapping my flesh
demanding I choose between the two.
Undecided, I pluck feathers from each,

pray there's salvation for gray.

by Margaret Bednar, July 9, 2019

Telling a story or trying to get a thought across in 55 words isn't always easy... I tried.  The artwork above is gorgeous and I had to write to it.  This is linked with "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Tuesday Platform" and a late response to "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Art Flash 55"

8 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the idea of falcons on our shoulders.

Thotpurge said...

Temptation and redemption- and who is to tell what the difference is! Love it!

Rommy said...

I think we all have some gray plumage

brudberg said...

We need both the falcons of darkness and light to protect us... our plumage might look grey, but if we look closely enough there are both some black and some white feathers.

Linda Lee Lyberg said...

This is a brilliant interpretation. I love the idea of falcons as opposed to angel/devil.Beautiful Margaret!

Helen said...

I think Galen would have had a wonderful emotional response to your poem ... I thoroughly enjoyed it. (Though sunshine on my shoulders is more my thing.)

Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, sometimes we straddle both. We are dark and light. Beautiful writing

rudraprayaga said...

I enjoyed this poem.