Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Yadkin River Valley


Yadkin River Valley

Between Thunder Hill and Raven Rock,
Yadkin River Valley stretches long and lean,
a slice of her offerings between sips
of red or white as you follow the vine
of native muscadine.

Alpacas and Thoroughbreds dot the way,
as do antiques and roadside markets;
fling a rod, sit astride, glide air currents,
or as I, drift along the Pee Dee,
paddling and pausing

taking in the land of Boone,
of freedom, of vistas, of plenty.

by Margaret Bednar, April 30, 2019

Linked with "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Platform Tuesday" 

I took artistic liberty as I liked the sound of "Pee Dee" (and I will check it out soon and report back) but I actually kyack Price Lake.   I took this photograph this morning - that house intrigues me with its views...

http://www.exploreboone.com/outdoors/water-activities/canoeing-kayaking/

One of the wineries - the man on horseback is Joey - owner and manager of where I board my horse - not here at the winery but up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Banner Elk. 

http://yadkinvalleywinecountry.com/winery/chestnut-trail-vineyard-winery-mocksville-nc/

7 comments:

Anmol (HA) said...

That imagery is spot on — it paints the picture so well!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is absolutely splendid, Margaret!!❤️

Sherry Blue Sky said...

What a spectacular view - kyacking sounds wonderfully peaceful, immersed in nature. I love the names Thunder Rock and Raven Valley.

Susie Clevenger said...

Oh my, what a beautiful view...

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Wow, a slice of Heaven!

Dom said...

Stunning photo and beautiful descriptive words to match.

brudberg said...

I need to bring out the kayak... that is how nature should be approached.