Thursday, April 4, 2019

Enough

123rf
Enough

The moon has craters,
the Beast was disfigured,
and scabs come before healing...

Is it better to be gorgeous or angelic,
bewitching or pleasing,
dazzling or nice?

Does charming outdo helpful,
foxy trump fair,
shapely vanquish ideal?

All I know is the moon's light
soothes me, Beauty found true love,
tribulations make me stronger,

and when you laugh with me,
I'm thankful (after all these years)
fair, nice, and helpful is enough

and that you still hold my hand.

by Margaret Bednar, April 4, 2019

This is linked with the challenge "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Wordy Thursday with Wild Woman - Scars to Your Beautiful". 

Also linked with "NaPoWriMo" - National Poetry Month, a celebration of poetry which takes place each April, was introduced in 1996 and is organized by the Academy of American Poets as a way to increase awareness and appreciation of poetry in the United States. 

4 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh Margaret, how very touching! Having that hand to hold through the years is wonderful. I love your poem, and I am all for nice, and kind,as opposed to picture perfect. An awesome poem! You made my evening.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

I agree, this is wonderfully wise and romantic ❤️ Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Yes! Give me kindness and fairness every time!

Outlawyer said...

A very sweet vision. K.