Tuesday, February 13, 2018

"The Passing" & "Dreams"



Dreams

Reverie is not a fool's paradise
nor should a muse be dismissed.

Inspiration's worn as a crown,
carefully cupped in one's hand;

released when stars align
visions breath, and passion's ready to soar.

by Margaret Bednar, February 13, 2018


This is for "https://dversepoets.com/2018/02/13/inspired-by-art/"  The image is by Catrin Welz-Stein and I encourage you to flip over to her enchanting designs.  HERE is her blog.  This image is one of four that have been approved by the artist to use with the dVerse poetic challenge.


These two poems are also linked with "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Tuesday Platform"

I sometimes have a BAD habit of NOT reading all the rules closely before I write for a poetic challenge ...

I wrote the poem BELOW to one of Catrin Welz-Stein's images that was NOT one of the four granted for the challenge.  I will only provide that image if I get approval from the artist.


The Passing

Mortality is a mystery
(in the end) of repose or ruin,
paradise or destruction.

How to tell
the doves I release
are peacemakers or passive resisters?

Do I mourn you
or am I merely brokenhearted
over something veiled...

camouflaged behind
what should have been?

by Margaret Bednar, February 13, 2018

I sometimes have a BAD habit of NOT reading all the rules closely before I write for a poetic challenge ...

I wrote the above poem to one of Catrin Welz-Stein's images but it is NOT one of the four granted for the challenge.  I will only provide that image if I get approval from the artist.


Below is an approved image (one of four) and my poem.



16 comments:

purplepeninportland.com said...

I love the last two lines of this, Margaret!

Frank Hubeny said...

I liked this line: "Inspiration is to be worn as a crown,"

Waltermarks said...

I like them both. The First Reads Quite Well To me. I hadn't considered her a muse, very good

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Even without graphic images, your words create wondrous visions and emotions.

Susie Clevenger said...

Oh, Margaret both of these poems are beautiful. There is always such grace in your poetry. I am so glad I stopped her first from Real Toads and discovered Catrin. It inspired me to visit dVerse and write from her images.

Kim M. Russell said...

I love both poems, Margaret. I especially like message in the first poem, which is so true:
'Reverie is not a fool's paradise
nor should a muse be dismissed'.

sarah said...

I love that first poem particularly. For me, it's about that time when a poem is bubbling away, quietly forming itself, before it can be set free.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Love both your poems, Margaret💞 There is heart-stirring emotion in "Inspiration's to be worn as a crown, carefully cupped in one's hand" and incredible depth in "Do I mourn you or am I merely brokenhearted
over something veiled.." Beautifully penned!💞

Kerry O'Connor said...

You pose a significant dilemma in the second poem, Margaret. Often we are unable to pin-point the exact cause of a broken heart, so much beneath the surface that we may not even recognize ourselves.

annell4 said...

I enjoyed both of your poems. They seemed very inspired!

Debi Swim said...

'Reverie is not a fool's paradise
nor should a muse be dismissed'.... very nice.

camouflaged behind
what should have been?... I do think that is a valid question and possibility

Glenn Buttkus said...

Yes, both poems are lovely, but DREAMS grabbed me hardest. The last stanza is killer good. Nice to see you so busy & creative.

brudberg said...

I do love them both... the inspiration in the first is great, and i do love the dilemma you present in the second... great work

kaykuala said...

released when stars align
vision breaths, and passion's ready to soar.

Love the closing. Makes one to feel young again, Marge!


Hank

Sreeja said...

oh loved this....wow...after reading this I thought of the false paradise I wrote...now I should go back and think something good and write another poem....really loved this!

Gina said...

inspiration worn as a crown is something good to remember when we feel the world taking over.