Sunday, August 28, 2022

Thorne Swift



 Thorne Swift

I raise my eyes to sky of blue, quietly walk,
guard this place I internalize, scrutinize
her dappled light - a fairy's flutter?

Beauty wings t'ward water's edge; I follow,

clean(se) my feet, unwind this day - free ...
from burdens; seagulls sing, sailboats slide,
rust(icily) simple.  Sigh and sink into sand -n- sun.

by Margaret Bednar,  August 28, 2022

Linked with "dverse poets MTB: Vertical lines of kisses". This was a hard prompt. The line I chose was "I guard her beauty clean from rust".  Each line begins with each successive word in the sentence.  I took some photos of a nature preserve that leads to a gorgeous beach on Lake Michigan and wanted to tie it in to this challenge.  I tried for over an hour to keep the meter of the chosen line but the words  did not allow me to do that so I scratched it out and started over.  This beach is a 20 minute drive from my home and it is not as well known as others - I felt like it was all my own! 

7 comments:

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

An interesting challenge! And a beautiful evocation of place and mood.

Rommy said...

The seashore treats us to so many beautiful sights.

brudberg said...

I love what you did here...
I used the same line but yours was infinitely more happy.

Helen said...

I am thoroughly IMPRESSED!! After an hour of trying, I decided my sanity wasn't worth it.

paeansunplugged said...

What a lovely piece! Very evocative and serene.

Jim said...

This is nice, Margaret. I can visualize (I claim that's a talent that I do not have) going down closer to the water and relaxing and soaking up the sun. I chose an easier line, I made and acrostic out of it, that worked well and fairly fast. Link here,
https://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2022/08/lover-advice-word-acrostic.html?m=0
..

Debi Swim said...

A golden shovel beautifully done.