Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Evensong

Westglow Spa & the Blue Ridge Mountains
Evensong
Pillars, porch, mountains, and sky; no hallelujahs, just sacred silence.

by Margaret Bednar, July 17, 2019

This for "The Sunday Muse - Wednesday Muse - The American Sentence"  A poem invented by Allen Ginsburg with 17 syllables. 

The photo is Westglow Spa - a place I get my hair done (not this building -  This is a resort, a restaurant, a wedding venue; the historic summer home of the painter Elliott Daingerfield.)  One of my favorite paintings of his is "Sunlight in the Forest" below.

And an article about the two women who own this place - on many boards and are strong voices in the war against sex trafficking:  HERE


7 comments:

tonispencer said...

This is a truly lovely AS! I love the painting as well.

robkistner said...

This is wonderful Margaret - so very much you have said in 17 syllables! Beautiful!

Fireblossom said...

I always find the divine more in nature and silence than in any congregation.

By the way, for some reason that I don't understand, your comments at Word Garden always go to spam. As soon as I find them I post them. There are 3 people it does this with and I have no idea why.

Linda Lee Lyberg said...

Margaret- this is sensational!

Susie Clevenger said...

I love your AG.. Sacred Silence.. I so embrace it. Beautiful spa

Carrie Van Horn said...

"A sacred silence" This is a gorgeous American Sentence Margaret!

purplepeninportland.com said...

Love this, Margaret!