Thursday, March 15, 2018

"Memories"

My youngest child, and forever my "baby" even at 10
and probably for his whole life :)
Memories
are like mountain tops -
pinnacles
of one's heart,
finger-tipping heaven's hem,
cradling the sacred.

by Margaret Bednar, March 15, 2018

This is for "dVerse Meeting the Bar - Phantom Form - Shadorma"  It is a syllabic form consisting of six-line stanzas with a 3-5-3-3-7-5 pattern.  We could explore the fog, paranormal, unexplained phenomena of life and death.

My mind went to what we are truly made of - in the end it isn't the physical as it is what is inside - and being a mother that for me is my children, my family, the love I have for them.  I am easily brought to tears remembering the past, watching them grow, seeing them smile and enjoy being together in the present... their laughter, tears, etc.   I think these feelings are what I will BE when I pass from this life to the next...

In the photo above my youngest child (6th of 6 and the 2nd son) is resting upon a boulder on top of Grandfather Mountain in NC.  

8 comments:

Amaya said...

What a beautiful photo collage that describes what comprises you perfectly: their cherubic faces, their dreaming atop a mountain looking skyward. I love how you formed the prompt around a mother's love and how our relationships with others can actually define who we are. Lovely, Margaret.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

A very nice reflection on memories.

annell4 said...

I like this! Nicely done!

Maude Lynn said...

This is just stunning.

Cedarwind said...

A beautiful shadorma. “Finger tipping heaven’s hem”

brudberg said...

Love it... you captured the sense of that image in your words.

Frank Hubeny said...

I liked "heaven's hem" and "cradling the sacred".

Bekkie Sanchez said...

So beautifully said!