Monday, October 7, 2013

"With Love" & "Men!"



"With Love"

Here we are in paradise,
gone A-whaling
into the ice -
with love,
Shipwreck at the bottom of the world.

by William Bednar



"Men!"

The man who mistook
his wife for a hat...

Silent Thunder.

by Margaret Bednar, October 7, 2013


This is linked with Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Open Link Monday and also a response to the challenge over at dVerse - Hidden Poetry.   This poem is not linked as I already linked one to the challenge.

My oldest son had a bit of fun with my library and I had fun at our local used book store...

I've been a bit absent these past few days from my blog as my two oldest have come home from college for "fall break".  I am still reading the dVerse Hidden Poems, but am determined to visit them all as it is really fun to see what books and combinations people have.


15 comments:

Kathryn Dyche said...

Smiling ;0)

Susan said...

Great family time.

Jeanne said...

So fun having your kids home!

Unknown said...

These are really Great! Creative and very fun! :)

Brian Miller said...

hahaha yours is awesome...def dont wear the wife, just saying...smiles

and your suns is fun too...shipwrecked at the bottom of the world, with love---might not be a bad place to be...

Laura said...

So much fun!!!

Semaphore said...

These are great! I'm amazed your son found enough books in your library to articulate his theme... and yours is simply fun!

P.S. I hope you don't mind, I linked to this page in the comments of my original article, so others might see.

Marian said...

how fun, Margaret! i have a right mind to try this myself.

Anonymous said...

I really liked the book challenge as well. These are great!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I love these!! Very smile-inducing :)

Anonymous said...

A quixotic creativity ! Loved it! Both are magnetic dear friend ~ Faithfully Debbie

Jim said...

Your son, William, is Brilliant!!! And you, Margaret, are a fast learner.
I will try that at our library when I have some spare time. I will have picked my subject before I arrive, subject to change.
..

Anonymous said...

Margaret, the second poem was my first marriage, ha ha.

Glad you have passed your love of arts on to your children... I liked your son's take a LOT.

Amy

Other Mary said...

Haha - very fun!

Also, I read your message on my poem. I think it would be great if your daughter ended up using my "sorted" poem for her visual art.I'm honored Margaret, just for being considered. Thank you.

Susie Clevenger said...

Love your son's humor.

btw..With my addled brain after my accident I neglected to write on my piece about the cats that I have two spoiled and much loved inside cats. One was rescued right outside my door. A neighbor moved away and left Bindi Lu behind. The other, Neytiri, was adopted from an organization that rescues cats.