Friday, March 1, 2013

IGWRT's Music with Marian - Rewind "Memorable"


Memorable

Burgundy Red
stains my tongue

band's steel bass
inside my head

catchy melody
like last nights confidant

redundant
come morning's light.

Grab his collection
of Easton CD's,

wife's red Lucchese boots,
Tweedle hat,

blow a kiss
towards crumpled sheets

call it memorable
after all.

by Margaret Bednar, March 1, 2013


Charlie Tweedle Cowboy Hats HERE and to DIE for Lucchese SWEET Cowboy boots HERE (My coveted red ones HERE)

This wicked little poem is for Imaginary Garden with Real Toad's "Rewind" with Tim Easton.  This is my first introduction to him and he ROCKS!  Thanks, Marian.  I will be adding this band to my iPod for sure.  

13 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Burgundy red on the tongue, sweet red boots! This rocks, Margaret!

LLM Calling said...

absolutely, it's great to keep the memories, especially the wild ones

Margaret said...

Didn't think to post a disclaimer, but after reading Emma's comment, I want to add.... This is fiction :)

Mixi said...

A rocking poem for a rocking theme! A fun read :)

Amrit Sinha said...

This rocked !!!!

Marian said...

i love this!!
"last nights confidant
redundant
come morning's light."
AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH.

Vanessa Victoria Kilmer said...

Thanks for introducing me to this music. I felt like dancing.

Your poem "honky tonked" right along with it.

I want me some red cowboy boots, too.

Ella said...

I love the outline of this day!
I agree it rocked~

Lydia said...

Really great. This spoke to me, the music too....and now I am feeling sorry for myself for not having an ipod!

Susie Clevenger said...

Burgundy red stains..woo hoo! Love your take on the song. Take a picture if you ever get those red boots!

Unknown said...

That sultry music does lead the imagination toward sheets and rendevous!

Friko said...

Naughty but nice!

Ginnie Hart said...

You are nothing but a cowgirl at heart, Margaret...and I'm not at all surprised. :)