Monday, June 4, 2012

Challenge: Poetic Images, Poetic Ponderings


"Aphrodisiac"

I walk upon oyster shells

imagine I'm Aphrodite
arising from the sea
riding waves of royal purple

into the arms of my beloved.


This is part of a response I did for Shanyn of Imaginary Garden with Real Toads.  She challenged me to use my photos to provide the missing words in a poem.    I took that idea and "finessed" it a bit... This past weekend I visited Sunshine Lavender Farm at  and took a lot of photos.  I jotted down "poetic" ponderings,  realizing they aren't complete, finished poems, but I think the photos help it be a bit more complete.

To see the rest of my photography and "poetic ponderings", the prompt will be up tomorrow at "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads"

Most of my photos were taken with my nice Canon camera.  The image above was snapped wtih my iPhone.

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

the 'patience' one had me laughing. so true! love all of your images.

Ruth said...

Your lavender photos are simply stunning. What an interesting juxtaposition: oysters and lavender. :-) I love both immensely, and together, well that works for me!

Maude Lynn said...

That's an iphone shot? I can't take a decent picture with my iphone to save my life!

Ginnie Hart said...

It amazes me that your iPhone can take pictures like that! WOW.