Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Greetings with a "Prehistoric" twist!

Credit:  Photo: Chelsea Bednar.  "Where's the dinosaur" game?:  my 4 year old son
I will not be posting anything new until after Christmas day, but I hope to swing around and enjoy each of your blogs a bit when I can squeeze it in.

OK, well... I DID manage a quick Friday Flash 55 (a story in 55 words - no more, no less) and it will be linked up with Mr. Know it All's "Friday Flash 55" tonight at 8pm.

Setting the 55 up tonight is soft violin music....

Peace & Joy to All

Our sweet Lord born within a manger
wrapped in white cloth, protected from danger.
Mary knelt beside her sweet love,
worshiping her Son, thanking Father above
while Joseph stood tall, amazed;
awed as upon a miracle he gazed.
"Peace and joy to all", promised a shining star...

(music "screeches" to a halt)

...even the dinosaur?

 by Margaret Bednar, Art Happens 365, December 22, 2011

* * * * *

Merry Christmas, my friends!

17 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

ha ha ha!!! i had to look for a moment, but i got it!

Brian Miller said...

haha...hey you never know...smiles...have a very lovely christmas....

Carol Blackburn said...

Encourage that child's imagination.....that's fantastic. I hope you plan to leave the dinosaur there. I bet it makes him smile.

izzy said...

A gingerbread house / creche -?
and yes WHERE were dinosaurs
in the mix ! ( the air I think;
and- are there tortoises in that desert ? ) Merry Christmas-

Sheila said...

cool! Merry Christmas.

EG CameraGirl said...

I think your son has an artistic bent! :)

G-Man said...

ANACHRONISM ALERT!!!
CHRISTIAN FUNDAMENTALIST ALERT!!
Merry Christmas Alert...
Loved your sweet 55 Margaret Bednar
Thank You for your weekly support, Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Holiday Week-End

Katherine Krige said...

Aw, too bad the music screeched to a halt. It would have been fun to hear the dinosaurs part in the mix. It looked mike a veg-eater at least, so it shouldn't have turned into a Christmas Horror flick anyway. ;)

Teresa said...

I had to take a second look there~very cute. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

And Peace on Earth to you too...
I have a heard of Elephants home for Christmas no less destructive or noisy than one Dino

Love, hugs and enjoy!!!

Scarlet said...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays ~

Wishing you and your family all the love and joy ~

TALON said...

lol! Perfect 55!

Have a beautiful Christmas!

Yvonne Osborne said...

Perfect for this Christmas Eve morn. I imagine Joseph tall and amazed.

Jannie Funster said...

Yep, even the dinosaur!! :)

Merry happy joyful Christmas to you and yours, Dearest Margaret.

xxoo

Ginnie Hart said...

The dinosaur addition totally makes this image, Margaret!

Margaret said...

Leslie - Yes, I have a heard of elephants as well that like to stay up LATE at night and sleep past noon. :)

Thank you, everyone and I will be comin' round early in the morning while all I will hear is six kids snoring away and me sipping my much needed coffee! :)

Ostensible Truth said...

haha a modern (well prehistoric) twist on the tale indeed - loved the rhythm, the rhymes were spot on!