Friday, July 15, 2011

Magpie Tales #73 "Oblivious" (and Friday Flash 55)

Photo Courtesy of Magpie Tales

Oblivious

Immersed in permissiveness
and gratification, the sea
slowly rises to their knees,
boat rhythmically rocking
to the beat of frivolity.
Oblivious of danger,
consequences unacknowledged,
insidious waves ripple higher.
Laughing and splashing
worshipping beauty and youth,
the distant hurricane
tiptoes and surrounds.
Their search for fulfillment,
for success dances on,
the wind's warning howl
unheard.

by Margaret Bednar, Art Happens 365, July 15, 2011

This is for Magpie Tales #73.  I am on a kind of enforced "blog break" due to spending time with the kids and our search for a new pony (see post below or click HERE).  I missed (gasp) TWO Magpie challenges and it nearly killed me ... I think I'm addicted!  :)

This also ties in nicely with "Mr. Know It All's "Friday Flash 55" - a story in 55 words or less... (I did it G-Man, hooray!)  Check out both challenges and try them yourself.

11 comments:

Monkey Man said...

kind of playfully ominous.

G-Man said...

Margaret...
Thanks for the thought.
You know, I've read read the word insidious THREE times today...Strange!!
Loved your 55 My Friend
The effort does not go unappreciated.
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

Helen said...

Hi! I can relate to the addiction ... I am leaving town for three weeks, with limited access to the internet ... I'm already feeling faint.

Your Magpie picks up on the possibility of lurking danger ... I like it!

Donna B. said...

"for success dances on,
the wind's warning howl" LOVE that line!

TexWisGirl said...

oh, these lost-in-the-moment folks are in trouble now!

Brian Miller said...

which begs the question is it really worth it? guess it is all in how you define success...smiles.

Maude Lynn said...

Outstanding take on the picture! I really like this one, Margaret.

Henry Clemmons said...

Trouble afloat unawares. Great drama. Well written.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

keep searching, I am sure the wind will change its way of blowing.

great 55.
awesome magpie.

Tess Kincaid said...

I like the wind's warning howl. Very nice, Margaret.

Ginnie Hart said...

I like that, Margaret. It's a good reminder about Youth and the oft assumption that nothing will ever go wrong!