Thursday, December 23, 2010

"Just like the movies, minus the little pile at the bottom left!", 88 & 89/365


Another photo I shot while visiting the farm across the street from where I live.  Reminds me of a scene from an old western.  Speaking of which, I have high hopes for the remake of "True Grit".  After Christmas dinner we all go to the movies - I think I will choose to see it.   Just saw the new movie "The Tourist" and really enjoyed it.  Angelina is gorgeous and perfect for the part, but Johnny Depp's performance is amazing - he is quite fine...


We spend Christmas Eve making cookies, playing games and hope to attend midnight Mass this year.  We also used to sled, but here in NC I guess we will have to settle taking the dogs for a walk.  Maybe we will stroll across the street and visit this little guy below.  All my girls fell in love, but the old labrador that shares space with this rambunctious puppy isn't quite as enamored!


8 comments:

Pitterle Postings said...

So fun in black and white!! Love the pics.

Justine said...

I really really like the picture of the horse, what a great capture and perfect for black and white.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Hey, a horse has gotta do what a horse has gotta doo. :-) Love the black and white.

With Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon, True Grit looks promising! I'll watch for your review.

Tell your husband that I bow at his feet - picking up Christmas dinner for you ... what a guy!

Vicki Lane said...

I pretty much love all the Coen Bros. movies -- am looking forward to True Grit.

Margaret said...

Thank you, all of you. True Grit was wonderful. Matt Damon should get a nomination for supporting actor, and Jeff Bridges truly gave a wonderful nod to John Wayne with his performance. The movie was a wonderful remake (I love the young girl in it), and I like what the Cohen brothers did with it. I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

Ginnie Hart said...

We have to wait for most of the new movies to come to DVD, Margaret, but I'll definitely pay attention to 'True Grit' when we see it's out. 'The Tourist' is a no-brainer for us, already on our list. We watch a lot of movies as a past-time. Our own personal library is at almost 300 right now. :)

Margaret said...

Liked both - and a confession - I have seen "The Tourist" 3 times (with different people). Such torture having to watch Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp...

Gail said...

Magical photos.