Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Daydreaming

Jacek Yerka - website image used with "the Sunday Muse #69" 
Daydreaming

I wish I had a strawberry tree
surrounded with fields of (truly) golden wheat
from which I fashion choker and crown,
gracefully settle upon queenly chair,

linen-draped table adorned with china
awaits a feast; at my feet, a mighty lion
(kitty wants in on this wish too!)
and why not, a fountain for Grecian flair.

A bouquet of Juliet roses graces my table,
and cherries jubilee with crystal goblets 
offering trifles and cheesecakes, meringues,
mousse, parfaits...

dessert before the main, for this is my fancy,
my pleasure for which I think I'll forget to pinch
and awake, sink into it as I ignore storm clouds
of laundry, dishes, beds, and more...

by Margaret Bednar, August 21, 2019

This is for "The Sunday Muse #69"


3 comments:

Doctor FTSE said...

Combining the elements of the prompt in a delightful word-play before bringing yourself down to earth!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love this flight of fancy so much - much more fun than dishes and laundry!

kaykuala said...

Certainly a better choice to reward oneself with 'luxuries' to offer a break from all the heavy responsibilities of home.

Hank