Saturday, August 24, 2019

Adagio


Adagio

Heaven seemingly floats upon valley floor, early mornings,
a sleepy, buttercream sun rising slowly, yawning, stretching
its way over mountain along with me, it seems.
There's a melody playing if one listens closely; adagio bird song,
their pace awakens far more quickly than I; andante swoops into allegro,
as hawk soars, wings vivace upon the breeze.   My heart flutters
along with it, soon soothed by cows like little black piano keys
upon gently sloping hill, larghissimo, as mist evaporates and clears.

by Margaret Bednar, August 24, 2019

This is linked with "The Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - The Sunday Challenge - Play it Again".  I chose "A Word with Laurie - one word: allegro and 8 lines and 1 minute!!!  But it took me two minutes to write this.  And then I did go back and changed a few words so add maybe another 30 seconds.  

10 comments:

tonispencer said...

"Soon is charmed by the cows like little little black piano keys - bravissimo! The use of various musical terms pulls this whole poem together. I don't care if you took 20 minutes to write this. It is resplendent.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Oh, I love the cows as little black piano keys most of all!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Bravo!!💜 This poem should be set to music 😍😍😍

brudberg said...

I do see how much nature and another day waking can be seen as music... love the scenery you paint.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love that buttercream sun, and all of the musical terms used to perfection. I especially love the hawk soaring with vivace wings.

Linda Lee Lyberg said...

So beautiful Margaret, and I adore the cows like black piano keys!

Helen said...

Music, music, music .... yes!

Ella said...

I always think of my Julia Child pale yellow roses looking like buttercream sun~ A beautiful poem, but my favorite is the cows looking like piano keys~

Lovely!

Susie Clevenger said...

Sigh, this is so beautiful. I would love to hear and see the landscape as you do in this poem.

Revived Writer said...

This is beautiful, and you used the music terms so well! I love that "buttercream sun" and "wings vivace upon the breeze." The cows as black piano keys are just plain cute! 😊