Monday, February 4, 2019

The Way



The Way

The sheer vastness 
is simultaneously empowering and humbling, 
its vivid greens, blended blues, faded greys

earn my sighs, 

a hunger grasped, tossed windward,
soaring beyond well-worn path
horse and I now tread, 
notebook and pen pocketed 
as I ponder Karma versus Chance.

Infinity encircles my neck, 
Luck my wrist, sterling silver trinkets 
that haven’t (as yet) earned their keep

a bit like my thoughts: inked, slanted, 
dotted, carefully crossed, 
pages arranged just so… although,

may as well send them soaring
upon mountain’s breeze, 
not fool myself I’m in control.

Give my horse his head, 
for he seems to enjoy the winding way. 





This is linked with "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Art Flash / 55"  It is LOOSELY linked as I did get inspiration from the original artistic image (which can be found on the link) and it is not a 55 - but as I was atop the mountain and enjoying the warm, light breeze  - I wanted to share these images instead and I slightly changed the poem when I got back home....  Hope "inspired by" is close enough...

Also linking to "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Tuesday Platform"


6 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Sometimes it is a better idea to give the horse its head and let the papers fly away.

purplepeninportland.com said...

I love pondering karma vs chance. I do see an inspiration here, which you took, and went your own way.

Anmol (HA) said...

I really enjoyed this galloping journey through this mountain imagery. :-)

brudberg said...

What a wonderful ride, and so good to have a horse to take you to such gorgeous poetry.

Jim said...

I love the scenery you have up there to ride along with, Margaret. I'll bet you didn't pen nearly all, just a smidgen here, of your thoughts that day. The "Karma versus Chance" line sent me out for a bit, I'll just say this Creation is truly marvelous. Pretty horse too.
I can relate a bit with you, I rode my horse to high school for my first two years. I think you knew that. I'd love having at access all the things I thought about those two years in my going and coming time.
..

Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, let the horse lead and let the paper fly. What a beautiful ride. I know nothing about riding a horse. It looks like freedom.