Tuesday, February 12, 2019

February Is



February is

shades of grey and tan,
dull sage green
with etchings of black;

like a bashful beauty
wrapped within woolen coat;

or a cardinal flashing through
forest's canopy.

I take my cue,
plump pillows of grey & tan,
swipe soft-green upon lids,
slip on little black, paint lips red -

drop my robe, remind him
spring's almost here.

by Margaret Bednar, originally penned February 9, 2014

A bit of fun with Valentine's Day fast approaching...  I'm a bit behind in visiting and commenting - will be hopefully catching up in a few days.  I am BUSY packing as we bought a house - our backyard is literally the Blue Ridge Parkway!

We also just added two new puppies to our household.  Miniature Irishdoodles - (Irish Setter/Poodle mix) hence the photo above does NOT match the poem.  I didn't think anyone would mind - it's a MUCH better image than me dropping my robe!!!

This is linked with "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - The Tuesday Platform"

6 comments:

brudberg said...

What a sweet set of dogs.. they are very good looking.
To me too, this is still a time of waiting for spring to come...

tonispencer said...

A fun poem. This is the time of year I too look for spring. The pups are adorable. Much better than most of us dropping our robes. Congrats on the house. I lived in the Blue Ridge mountains. Beautiful place to get priorities in order.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Congratulations for your new house, Margaret ❤️❤️❤️ This is such a beautiful poem!! 😍😍

Susie Clevenger said...

Love the puppies, Congratulations on your new house, and what a delightful poem!

Priscilla King said...

I love the cardinal image; they're so cheery at this time of year!

KB said...

Lovely poem and the puppies are adorable