Thursday, February 21, 2019

Nurturing

123rf
Nurturing

This poem is a fresh breeze.
This poem is a comforting hug.
This poem sheds a tear.

This poem is morning's mist
ascending mountain's valley,
buoyantly poising upon her crowns
before soaring freely skyward.

This poem is a mother's arms,
reassuring, a tender stroke
upon weary cheek, soothing words
gently whispered, eyes adoring.

This poem is a light
that doesn't flicker, memories
fostering confidence, a love
that nurtures, guides...  lets go.

This poem soars upon a fresh breeze.
This poem heartens with a comforting hug.
This poem nurtures as it sheds a tear.

by Margaret Bednar, February 21, 2019

Morning's mist is also supposed to be a metaphor for a child...  The poem is a "Boomerang Metaphor" poem created by Hanna Gosselin a few years back.  I have linked up with "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Wordy Thursday with Wild Woman - Hannah's Boomerang Metaphor Form".

I am a bit behind in visiting and commenting on a few poetry challenges and I will be getting to that today.  I have been busy organizing and getting ready to pack for the move to our house we purchased - our back yard is a beautiful view of the Blue Ridge Mountains and I can't wait to share them with you.   I also have two new puppies - Irishdoodles, 13 weeks old and they are keeping me hopping as well!

This is Red with my son.  Irishdoodle - we also have his brother, Blue.  

11 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love your beautiful poem. Thank you for taking the time, midst moving and puppies (PUPPIES! and you are so lucky, you have TWO!) to write to my prompt. The photo is so sweet! Your son has such a lovely, wriggly armful. I look forward to photos of the Blue Ridge mountains, imagine seeing them from your house. How wonderful! Happy moving. Very exciting!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is utterly beautiful, Margaret!❤️ Especially love; "This poem is a mother's arms, reassuring, a tender stroke upon weary cheek, soothing words gently whispered, eyes adoring." I too look forward to seeing pictures of the Blue Ridge mountains!❤️

Kim M. Russell said...

This poem is stunning, Margaret, and it has given me a warm tingly glow.

Old Egg said...

Yes this really is a beautiful poem Margaret. I wish my poems would soar upom a fresh breeze like yours!

Kerry O'Connor said...

It is the best of poems that shed tears!

Jim said...

So wonderfully written, it truly was a fresh breeze with such a nice welcome and acceptance. It was fine to let us the reader hang with possibilities for the separation. My thoughts were death not anticipated or a family breakup. Tears will be a help, forever.
..

Hannah said...

Margaret, the visuals and sensory details feel like a hug to my mind...a poem hug wrapping my brain in beauty! Thank you, so much for writing and for sharing the lovely snippets of what life if for you right now...so precious!

P.S. I love the names for your pups!

<3

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

This tender and beautiful poem makes me feel hugged too.

Helen said...

This poem is ... soothing, soft, sweet.

purplepeninportland.com said...

This poem gives me the feeling of a warm, cozy fireplace. Love the photo ofyour son and that new, adorable pup.

Linda Lee Lyberg said...

Simply lovely Margaret.