Sunday, July 17, 2011

"Isabelle", a poem

Photography courtesy of Rosie Hardy for One Stop Poetry

Isabelle

Perfectly beautiful Isabelle,
she of smokey blue eyes
and dark silken tresses,
extreme sensitivity her allure;
manipulation, my game, unseen.
A playful, loving heart,
wickedly destroyed
by my powerfully curved talons;
vulnerability my stimulation.
My noble exterior a facade
as I swooped, stalked and ripped.

by Margaret Bednar, Art Happens 365, July 17, 2011

* * * * *

This is the LAST of One Stop Poetry.  I will GREATLY miss it and I thank everyone who hosted at this poetry site for the amazing time and effort you put into it.  I believe I have most of you on my blog list now and will continue to follow your individual blogs.   This is for One Shoot Sunday.  Click HERE to see the interview with photographer Rosie Hardy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful image, beautiful girl, beautiful ode you've given her and her mice.

Reflections said...

she of smokey blue eyes
and dark silken tresses,
extreme sensitivity her allure;
manipulation, my game, unseen.

These lines, these words... your allure. Love the emotional pull of this piece. Porfound writing.

dustus said...

"swooped, stalked and ripped" ...the language is beautifully arranged while depicting gruesomeness after presenting layers of and susceptibility and situational depth. Excellent poem—both visual and emotional. Cheers, Margaret

Claudia said...

...she of smokey blue eyes
and dark silken tresses.. what a beautiful description...but then...dang - powerful closure margaret...

and rgd. your question...thought i'd leave it completely open to the reader's interpretation...smiles

Lisa Gordon said...

Another fantastic work Margaret!
Love this one.
Hope you are have a wonderful Sunday my friend!

Friko said...

quite a gruesome picture in a way; you have done it full honour.

Anonymous said...

vulnerability my stimulation.
My noble exterior a facade

Chilling, well done.

Brian Miller said...

wow, what a vivid close margaret...you twist us well int he wind after the opening...

Glynn said...

There was definitely the suggestion of death about that photo - and you caught it exactly, I think.