Sunday, July 17, 2011

In Tandem, " Journey into Light" & dVerse

Photo courtesy of Jinksy

Journey into Light

Softly seducing, the
blinding, beautiful light
of childhood memories
engulfs me, embraces me.
Happier, carefree days of yore
shimmer on the horizon.
My mind caresses them,
lovingly.  I hear laughter
and feel my heart race
with youthful exuberance.
My mother's voice calls to me;
I try to hang on, hold it close, but
it slips from my feeble grasp;
my aged and weakened body
resumes its steady heartbeat.

by Margaret Bednar, Art Happens 365, July 17, 2011

* * * * *

This is for "In Tandem".  Click on the name to see other takes on this painting!  I should have spent more time on this, but I wanted so to play!  A mere 10 minutes and this is where my mind took me.  I hope it isn't morbid... I find it reassuring.  Let me know what you think... and don't forget to click and play along - or at least read the other creative responses.  And feel free to join in on the fun each week or so... One of my watercolors will be presented here for this week's challenge. 

I am also sharing this for the NEW dVerse - Poets Pub .  A place to gather and celebrate poetry.  They will have three ways each week to either share or just read the poetry presented:  (1) Poetics:  A provided prompt, (2) Open Link Night: link any poem you like and (3) Form For All: teaching on poetry forms.

12 comments:

Jinksy said...

I'm so glad you 'saw the light'! It's what captivated me, as it appeared before my eyes, as my hands did their own thing. 'Painting' on a tablet is very strange...
Thank you so much for playing.♥

TexWisGirl said...

oh, i was trying to hang on to the memory along with you. how wonderfully done.

Reflections said...

Both the image and the poem in its entirety express so well these lines....

My mind caresses them,
lovingly. I hear laughter
and feel my heart race
with youthful exuberance.

Together, in tandem, you have created beautiful art!

forgetmenot said...

Margaret, I love your "10 minute" poem. Memories are so sweet, and to "look back" on one's youth brings nothing but warm, sweet thoughts to mind. The optical illusion building is called Nix Professional Building and still houses a medical facility. Carol Burnett and Oliver North were born there. It is on the River Walk on Navarro Street. Monday is here again--have a nice week. Mickie :)

Ann Grenier said...

Your poem is just beautiful Margaret. I felt every word, since not a day goes by when I don't remark how the world has changed over the years...beyond imagination.

Unknown said...

I was right there with you reaching for that beautiful place. Very nice :)

Ginny Brannan said...

Oh, if only we could go back to those happier, carefree days of yore. Only 10 minutes? Sometimes the Muse graces us quickly! This is a very lovely poem, I felt the words. Nicely done.

ayala said...

A sweet poem !

Pat Hatt said...

Wonderful words you choose, to create such a vivid setting, nicely done!

signed...bkm said...

Hanging on to memories...oh how we try...they are so comforting....bkm

Claudia said...

peferct match of painting and words...childhood memories are something so precious. also like the closure with the steady heartbeat

Unknown said...

How accurately you convey the experience of aging.