Sunday, December 4, 2022

Driven


Print by Margaret Bednar (me)

Driven

Looking back
means tampering 
with consequence.

She prefers 
eyes straight ahead,
candor the guiding light -

no time or patience
for vanilla-lipped explorers
with hymns in their throats.

Determination her oxygen
as she reaches for star-flocked sky,
Milky Way garlanding obsidian tresses,

moonbeam grasped in the fist of her hand.

by Margaret Bednar, December 4, 2022

20 words, pick at least 3. I chose tampering, candor, explorers, flocked, garlands, hymns, oxygen, vanilla

We've all heard of velvet-lipped but I like the idea of vanilla-lipped.  LOL.  Thanks, Shay, I had fun with this. 

4 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wow! You had fun writing it, I had fun reading it. So many great lines. Wonderful.

qbit said...

You had me at: "Looking back / means tampering / with consequence" Well penned! "Vanilla-lipped explorers" and "Determination her oxygen" are terrific.

Fireblossom said...

Sounds like me, to me. Love the image.

Sunra Rainz said...

Margaret, this poem is exquisite. Love your turns of phrase, the images you give us, such as these:

"vanilla-lipped explorers"

"as she reaches for star-flocked sky"

"moonbeam grasped in the fist of her hand"

And the general feeling of exhilaration. Beautiful <3