Sunday, November 24, 2019

Where Heaven Meets Earth

"After the Rain" by Cyril Rolando 
Where Heaven Meets Earth

Mountains have welcomed a rainbow's promise,
burned with fire from Heaven,
been engraved with commandments.

Worn with time, they've kept secrets,
exposed a few; some of awe-inspiring wonder,
places to gather hope.

At the foot of one Jesus prayed,
at the top of one, He died.

On my little mountain, from the front porch,
I watch the sky flush awake,
from the back deck, wink goodnight;

my prayers tucked between evergreens,
hidden deer paths, and shape-shifting angel clouds.

by Margaret Bednar, November 24, 2019

This is linked with "The Sunday Muse #83

13 comments:

Carrie Van Horn said...

Oh Margaret this is a breathtaking poem!! Every line is full of imagery that makes me see the Majesty of nature in a whole new way! A new favorite for me of your amazing poetry!!

Jim said...

Love this, Margaret, beautifully written. Your own little mountain where you can interface with God. I'm thinking we all could have one, they are there for the asking. I googled "mountains of the Bible" and quickly found "8 Mountains of the Bible You Should Know." You hit seven of those--but the article says there are quit a few others not so dramatically important mentioned.
Good job!!
..

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I am very fond of mountains myself, having grown up surrounded by them – and being surrounded by them again, in a different place, in my old age. I enjoyed making the acquaintance of yours.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Love this especially; "my prayers tucked between evergreens."❤️

brudberg said...

I do love every bit of every mountain... sometimes with awe and other times comforted by its lushness.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love that you live on a hilltop and ADORE your closing lines. They make me happy.

purplepeninportland.com said...

"I watch the sky flush awake."

Love that phrase, Margaret!

Doctor FTSE said...

Margaret - you never miss!

colleen said...

A rainbow's promise is something to hang on to today. A hopeful and visual write.

TheRustGeek said...

Only recently have I become enamoured with mountains. Love how very personal this reads :)

Phoenix Retribution said...

The first stanza is beautifully written and the ones to follow speak of peace and spiritual conversations, divine!

Old Egg said...

How easy it is forget how beautiful life is while finding little faults here and there, rather than welcome each day with hope and enthusiasm and to make the most of it.