Sunday, May 19, 2019

The Connoisseur

"Remember when we drank coffee with the paper?"
The Connoisseur

Chardonnay pairs well with salmon,
Pinot Noir with mushrooms and truffles,
Cabernet Sauvignon with filet mignon,

and a Whiskey shot, no chaser
with today's headlines; find the burn
a necessary means for survival.

by Margaret Bednar, May 19, 2019

This is linked with "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Weekend Mini Challenge - Oh the (Poetic) Irony".  I REALLY may be headed toward this... !

9 comments:

Revived Writer said...

I like the format of this, the way that the second stanza provides an abrupt twist.

Jim said...

This was fun but probably I won't remember your first three lesson points. I definitely am not a wine connoisseur. In Bordeaux Mrs. Jim, our daughter, and I were eating at a sidewalk cafe. The waiter suggested a wine to go with their entrees. He said nothing to me for accompanying my French hot dog, French are best in the world. Responding to my query he said, "Sir, I'd have a beer with mine."
..

Rommy said...

Feeling the burn would be a better alternative than horror show we're marinading in now.

Magaly Guerrero said...

You might not be heading there alone. These days the news creates such flames in the gut, that one might need a great burn to balance. Or, yes, just to survive the fire.

brudberg said...

So that's why I've switched to whisky..

Sanaa Rizvi said...

My goodness this is good! The closing lines portray a heartwrenching image.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Ha, this was perfect.

Lori said...

Skip the wine, it's hard liquor for hard times. A fantastic pairing.

Vivian Zems said...

I like how you set the scene before the second stanza. It's how I feel with most headlines theses days. Well penned!