Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Poets United - Vice Versa "Welcome, September" #13



Welcome, September

So long, dearest August,
with no despair we walk away
once again

welcome with open arms
the month of sapphires
and Forget-me-nots;

yet promise to plant a kiss
on your bloomin' check
come next year

and hope
you will not object
to our temporal fickleness.

by Margaret Bednar, Art Happens 365, August 28, 2012

This is for Poets United "Vice Versa #13".  The opposite words Object/Welcome & Despair/Hope.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Beautiful photograph, Margaret. And the words...oh, the words! I do mourn the end of August. Means to me summer is over, and I so LOVE summers. But to me, the message of your poem is that we must savor EACH month. Kiss August good-bye bur welcome September with open arms.

Margaret said...

I grew up in the north with four seasons. We ALWASY greeted each season with excitement, only to be tired of the rain, the heat, the cold, the snow, etc by the end of each. :)

Reena said...

I'm so not ready for August to leave ... sigh! Great photo and words.

Ginnie said...

Did we believe it would really come this soon????