Thursday, January 6, 2011

"Appendectomy" Modern Haiku, 98/365


Abdominal pain
Worm-like tube, inflamed, removed 
Appendectomy

One of my daughters had a rough night.  Since Monday she has had not been feeling well, and last night she had surgery to remove her appendix.  She is expected home this morning and she plans on giving the above bear to her three year old little brother (who was kind enough to send me to the hospital with three band-aids for his sister when he heard she was hurt).  The above photo is for "Partially Seen in January".

8 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Wishing her a speedy recovery, Margaret. Lots of hugs and ice cream should do the trick.

Rosie Grey said...

I hope she is well again soon! So sweet to hear the story of your children!

Justine said...

poor little thing, I hope she gets better soon, how worrying for you all. What a sweet bear, perfect shot for partially seen.

Helen said...

So sorry .... sending best wishes to your little angel!

Lisa Gordon said...

Poor little one. Sure hope she is feeling better soon!

Kelly said...

Oh...the poor little thing. I hope all is well. It had to be scary for her!

Margaret said...

My daughter is feeling much better, but walking a bit slower. Thank you for the condolences. :)

Ginnie Hart said...

Awwwww. So sweet of your son. I hope your daughter is okay. I had my appendix out at age 8 when it almost ruptured. But as far as I know, I've never missed it since. :)