Friday, October 8, 2010

29/365 "The Fishermen"

"The Fishermen #2"
"The Fishermen #1"

"The Conversation"
I drive by this "big water" (as my 2 year old calls it) everyday and am so excited to see the trees starting to change color.  I love the white boat amongst the colors - just so glad I had my camera!  I tweaked the "Fishermen #1" w/ PhotoShop - this is really more realistic to what I saw.  "The Conversation" is not touched up at all.  I will be entering one of these photos in in the "Weekend Reflections" Challenge.  Which one do you like best?  Should I crop the 1st one so there isn't so much "white" water at the bottom?   ---  Thanks for your suggestions.  I cropped and put the new version of "The Fishermen" on top.   Thanks for the feedback.

16 comments:

Marie said...

Gorgeous. What perfect reflections.

Rosie Grey said...

That's really a difficult decision - I like them both! Hmmm, maybe I would go for the first shot as it shows a bit more reflections and yes, maybe crop a little bit of the white so as not to distract too much from the reflections. Have a wonderful day!

Malyss said...

Wonderful autumn views, and great reflections!I prefer the 2nd one. i like this title , "conversation"..

Rachel said...

i like the composition of the second but the colors of the first! so i say crop the first just a bit. wow, what amazing pics though. right place. right time

Margaret said...

Thank you! Your suggestions were helpful & I cropped the reflection. :)

Kim, USA said...

Nice when it was crop up. And I can't tell that it is tweak very original looking. Happy weekend!
Blue sky Reflection

'Tsuki said...

My favourite is the first one : the colors are so bright on it... Thank you for this autumn glance...

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

I think that they are all good but was taken with the first shot (#2 on the photo). The reflection is lovely with the vivid fall colors.

Thanks for your comments on my blog. Merci!

Bon weekend,
Genie

Kcalpesh said...

Absolutely stunning and beautiful!! Marvelous colors!!

Pixellicious Photos

joo said...

Beautiful autumn colours!
Have a nice weekend:)

Pitterle Postings said...

I love it. I actually like the first one the best for the challenge because of the clarity. It is so beautiful!!

jennyfreckles said...

The first one is stunning - lovely colours and composition, though I like the title of the third one - kind of not what you'd expect and yet very apt.

Laura said...

gorgeous! The colors and reflections are magnificent.

Ginnie Hart said...

This reminds me of the lake at our family cottage in Michigan, Margaret. This would be the perfect time of the year to be there!

James said...

I like them all!
I always struggle with where to crop but of these three I think the top one is my favorite. I think the bottom one is very nice too and I bet it would be even nicer edited a little. It's such a beautiful scene!

Margaret said...

Thank you, everyone. Just one of those lucky moments.