Sunday, December 8, 2019

Mary

Kerry O'Connor Instagram: skyloverpoetry
Mary

Morning Star, shine upon my soul,
illuminate He who makes me whole.

Mystical Rose, infuse with beauty
so I may fulfill life's duty,

Tower of Ivory, may I receive His word,
His light, and faith undeterred.

Mirror of Justice, reflect love of our Lord,
an image I'll forever walk toward.

House of Gold, Star of the Sea, Gate of Heaven
you fulfilled his promise: life and resurrection

of which I wish to share one day
by way of witness, work and prayer.

Tree of Life, from Anne did bloom,
bore Tree of the Cross, Fruit of thy womb,

our Lamb of God; your heart of sorrows, of love;
may my eyes forever rest on you, Lady of the Dove.



This is for "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Art Flash/55 in December"

A quick write - I feel it needs a lot of work - have had a busy week with recitals and performances - the Nutcracker and singing with the Youth Choir and lighting (and watching the children sing) the local downtown Christmas tree... two more performances ahead, but Monday looks like a day of rest.  

4 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is very beautiful, Margaret. Just a lovely prayer.

Fireblossom said...

Amen. Beautiful.

Linda Lee Lyberg said...

A beautiful prayer Margaret.

Kerry O'Connor said...

You have really taken the imagery of the lighthouse as the Virgin Mary to the next level. Such a strong archetype of the feminine principle.