Sunday, July 21, 2019

Red


Red

He'd sit amidst the apples in my Radio Flyer,

radish-colored hair wind-tossed, toothy grin
a bit rogue, mischief more heartthrob than bedeviled.

Shyness forgotten as I'd laugh out loud,
race down country hills, me imitating Red Hawks,
arms outstretched, he an Irish-Setter (no need for pretend).

by Margaret Bednar, July 21, 2019

for "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Weekend Mini-Challenge: Pick 2 Prompts, Any Prompts then Senruyu or Elfchen or Cherita".   I "Cheritad" and used "Artistic Interpretations - Color It" and "Weekend Mini-Challenge Portraiture"

I did gather new color swatch names for the paint colores (Radio Flyer, Radish, Hearthrob, Bedeviled, Red Hawk, Irish)

9 comments:

Rommy said...

He sounds like the perfect companion for hillside adventures.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm all smiles, heart full of how-I-wish-I-could-stick-my-face-in-that-coats. There is so much life and color and love and pure fun in every word, Margaret. Such a delight.

Vivian Zems said...

He's perfect (love this!)

Jim said...

Red is a fun partner to have along, I can tell by your verse. And if we could be a dog, we would love to "sit amidst the ... (stuff) ... in the Red Flyer." I even have a rusty Red Flyer left over from our youngest's life spent here.
..

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love this so much. I had an Irish setter once a completely hilarious dog who chased the SHADOWS of seagulls along the beach, cracking everyone up. Digging at the shadows, pouncing.........once i saw him smiling, head down, tail wagging gently. He was watching an ant!

Kim M. Russell said...

Red looks and sounds wonderful, Margaret. A very dear friend had a red setter many years ago. She was a true companion.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

I love this so much!!❤️ He's adorable!

Susie Clevenger said...

He sounds like a delightful companions and the instigator of romping. :)

Kerry O'Connor said...

A heart-warming ode to this delightful creature.