Sunday, June 16, 2019

The Performers


The Performers

Butterflies dance sun-drenched drunk
amongst Marigolds, Lavender, and Violets,
ignore puppies in clown-like pursuit.

Kitty's tail twitches as she regally sits
upon windowsill, a ringmistress of sorts
watches performers spin, tumble and soar...

green eyes plotting a Houdini-style escape.

by Margaret Bednar, June 16, 2019

linked with "The Sunday Muse #60" and The Sunday - the Wednesday Muse #12 - Sevenling Poem".
and "The Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - The Tuesday Platform"

Photo for Sunday Muse #60

I invite you to listen to me read my poem:


14 comments:

Vicki said...

Lovely write, I really enjoyed it, Margaret.

C. Sandlin said...

A glorious window on the day :)

Helen said...

You created a wonderful scene with this poem.

Carrie Van Horn said...

Love the stage you have set here Margaret! So true to how it truly is! I love this! Puurrfectly wonderful!

Fireblossom said...

Hehe! Kitty knows all, reveals little! ;-)

Susie Clevenger said...

Love it.. Cat's no when to appear, when to exit, and when to ruffle tails.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I can see it! Especially the gamboling puppies! And imperious cat!

Ella said...

I love the cat as the ring master! A magical read and I want to see
the puppy act, for sure~

Jim said...

This is a nice read, Margaret. The cat knows the script and will make sure all goes right. Conduct as needed.
..

Kerry O'Connor said...

I love your sevenling poem! It makes my morning to read it.

brudberg said...

I wouldn't trust the Kitty to keep the peace for long... love the scenery.

purplepeninportland.com said...

This is excellent, Margaret! Love ring I stress and the plotted escape.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Oh this is incredibly exquisite writing, Margaret!❤️ Love it!!

Thotpurge said...

such a pretty scene!