Monday, April 2, 2018

The Sand Dollar



The Sand Dollar

I hold a wounded Christ,
or so legend says,
within this fragile sand dollar -
five punctures - hands, feet, side

no blood or gore to disturb me
but a gentle reminder
of his sacrifice

and a lovely lily with central star
recalls His resurrection
and the shepherds who traversed so far.

Upon a beach this treasure found,
slightly damaged, a reminder
he also carries me.

by Margaret Bednar, April 2, 2018


This is for NaPaWriMo2018 - (30 poems in 30 days)


I will be on spring break for the first few days of April and will schedule my poems in advance - I am unable to figure out how (if I even can) visit and comment on my phone's "BlogTouchPro" app ...
I can post but Mr. Linky does not show up.   

So I thank you all for visiting me and commenting and I promise I will visit and comment when I return.  

A joyous Easter to all those who celebrate.

13 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

This is the perfect note for Easter - to hold faith as the sand dollar in the palm of your hand is a blessed gift.

Marian said...

What an interesting and lovely observation there on the beach, Margaret.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

A lovely poem. I didn't know that about sand dollars.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is so lovely!💞 I love the idea of holding faith as the sand dollar in the palm of your hand. Beautifully penned.

Fireblossom said...

Happy Easter!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Such a beautiful reflection, Margaret. I always love finding sand dollars. They are rarer these days.

Maude Lynn said...

Lovely, Margaret!

annell4 said...

I have always loved sand dollars. And you poem is perfect.

Anonymous said...

worth every cent! Happy Easter Margaret -

tonispencer said...

And if cracked open, it releases the doves of peace and spirit. lovely poem for Easter. I like the image muchly. Found on the coast of NC?

Neeraj Khanka said...

Beautifully crafted ! Happy Easter, Margaret...

Susie Clevenger said...

A beautiful reflection Margaret..

Outlawyer said...

Margaret— I visited yesterday but none of my blogspot comments took. A lovely Easter poem, very original. KM