Sunday, October 16, 2016

October

Blue Ridge Parkway, NC - field of Golden Rod, Asters, & Milkweed

October

She embraces her inner vogue,
dons Dolce & Gabbana's little red,
languidly covers familiar paths
with past season's finery.

For slumber Wooly Bear prepares,
milkweed balloons into night's sky,
and Hunter Moon softly illuminates 
meadows of golden rod & asters.

With straps slipping
from canopied shoulders
she offers vulnerability -
and a celebration

to frock in our own party dress;
dance with her to the symphony 
of rustling cornstalks, wild geese,
and chattering squirrels.

by Margaret Bednar, October 16, 2016


woolly bear - caterpillar that hibernates for the winter

11 comments:

Stacie Eirich said...

Margaret - I adore this! From her finery to her skies to her flowers & dances, this October is a beautiful vision -- indeed, as you say, a celebration. And her symphony stuns my ears! I think yours is my favorite of all I've read so far (though I haven't yet read one I didn't like) -- Thanks for sharing.

Magaly Guerrero said...

How I love this super stylish October. I can hear the click-click-chick of her heals, see the autumnal beauty of her garb, and all the life her being attracts. Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

October is such a party girl!

brudberg said...

What a stylish wonderful lady, the details of her shoes makes it extra good

Jim said...

I too believe that October dresses well. I am not very familiar with "Red October" but how could she go wrong with Dolce & Gabbana? They have clothes for men also, I should shop after her for my October BDay wardrobe.
..

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Super stylish!!💖 I especially love "dance with her to the symphony of rustling cornstalks, wild geese,and chattering squirrels."💖 Beautifully penned.


Lots of love,
Sanaa

Kerry O'Connor said...

The personification brings this to life!

Debi Swim said...

I do love this. What a fashionista she is

Angie said...

How very Vogue

Sherry Blue Sky said...

A very classy Autumn. I can see Her!

Susie Clevenger said...

October is an elegant party girl...beautiful