Friday, April 29, 2016

"Snapshot"


Snapshot

Cameoed against close of day
horses' shadows stretch
upon evening tide's gentle cleansing
of field and grove.

I close my calendar,
honor this candlelight hour
when birdsong settles
and Primrose awaits her Sphinx.

by Margaret Bednar, April 29, 2016

* a night pollinator, the sphinx moth pollinates Evening Primroses.  I also took artistic liberty as primroses aren't quite blooming yet - I believe they start in June and July - maybe May but not sure.

My pencil has been quite busy filling my calendar in these days - year-end school performances & commitments - not to mention trying to stay on track to finish up homeschooling my youngest two by the end of May - AND prepare for our household move to the mountains come mid-June.  I apologize for not visiting and commenting on your blogs as much as I like.

This is linked with "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads "Instapoetry"


I invite you to Listen:  https://soundcloud.com/margaretbednar/snapshot

17 comments:

Jim said...

Your candlelight hours poem is sooo inviting, Margaret. I believe I will wait here with Primrose. Nice picture too, I like horses. Currently I have a 'rescue horse' on my other blog.
..

Kerry O'Connor said...

You are always a wizard when it comes to capturing the perfect snap.

brudberg said...

I'm so glad you captured that moment.. When night slowly settles in is the perfect moment to live.

Stacie Eirich said...

How beautiful your words are -- there is magic in your candlelight hour. And the video of primroses blooming is exquisite. Gave me a moment of peace. Thank you for sharing.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Beautiful both in words and image :D

Angie said...

I like how shadows stretch in the candlelight hour. Good luck burning the candle at both ends, as you may be tempted to do in your upcoming deadlines...take care of yourself

Maude Lynn said...

I just love that second stanza! Wow!

Ellecee said...

This poem and picture have such a warm feeling to them. A peaceful moment captured out of your very busy day. I especially like the lines
" when birdsong settles
and Primrose awaits her Sphinx."
The primrose floorshow is beautiful.

Buddah Moskowitz said...

This is all so beautiful and serene.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

So lovely and peaceful, both photo and poem. Love it!

Gillena Cox said...

i was unsure of the Sphinx there at the end, thanks for the note, i then understood your poem fully
luv the video

much love...

De Jackson said...

LOVE this candlelight hour. so peaceful.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Beautifully peaceful. Lovely evening photo pf horses too.

George said...

A lovely posting with a beautiful photo, Margaret. It resonated especially with me this morning since my Margaret is out of town and I'm taking care of our two horses which, at this moment, are grazing in the early morning sun outside our house.

C.C. said...

Stunning snapshot...love the cameo at the start....such a perfect frame to set it up. A move to the mountains sounds utterly lovely....happy packing!

Susie Clevenger said...

Such a beautiful moment. I am sure it was a bit of peace in hectic.

Outlawyer said...

Such a beautiful picture and poem that brings out other lovely and memorable facets. Thanks. K.