Thursday, March 19, 2015

"Personal Statement"

Personal Statement

It looks good on him,
yet off color.  Perhaps too bright,
too vibrant, too loud?

There has been
a lot of change in the last year
and you may want to live
in your happy land of denial,
but I wouldn't invest,  however, I

assure you fatality is a condition
that with  proper care and rest
may show improvement.

Either way,

your next payment is due.
No time for tears in your cereal bowl.

by Margaret Bednar, March 19, 2015

These are excerpts from from my email's JUNK file for "Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Spam poetry"

How lucky am I that a poem of Hedegwitch's happened to be there?? !  It is the third stanza and I will provide a link HERE to her Verse Escape Blog (which I follow via e-mail), and the direct poem "Love Letter" for you to see it in it's real context.  (Joy, I will delete if you want me to - I hope you don't mind).

I also got lucky with another poem by Tom of Quarry House as I subscribe to his feed as well.  It is HERE.  His lines are a bit more scattered throughout my "Spam" poem.

Some examples of SPAM poetry HERE.

This may be the first poem I wasn't able to come up with a photo prompt!  

15 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

I am amazed this came from spam - the last few lines are the perfect conclusion.

Magaly Guerrero said...

It seems that crying in our breakfast doesn't do much for the bills. Maybe if we do it with lots and lots of extra emotion...

21 Wits said...

Very interesting, I'd say each spam comment played out well all the way to the finish.

TexWisGirl said...

too fun. :)

Susie Clevenger said...

Oh I love this! You created a wonderful piece! No one would know it was inspired by spam mail. Thanks so much for taking part in the challenge!

Margaret said...

I feel guilty calling Joy & Tom's poetry "spam", but dear old e-mail did put them in my Junk folder. It is a good idea to check that file every once in a while!

Hannah said...

Brilliant and I agree with Kerry about the closing!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love "either way your next payment is due". It always is. LOL.

Lolamouse said...

Wow. Your junk folder is full of gold!

Anonymous said...

The final lines are wonderful - who knew that this annoying spam contained such inspiration.

brudberg said...

Despite all the colorful beauty. at the end there is payment due.. I love that conclusion...

Jim said...

Margaret,this brought BIG smiles to the Jim's house!! :)
It all appears to be seamless and flows nicely. My favorite line (next to the Payment is Due-I'm glad it wasn't "Past Due") is " (I) assure you fatality is a condition" which can be improved. Best make the payment.
..

hedgewitch said...

No, it's fine Margaret, as long as there is attribution, and I know about it. I'm flattered, and great job with the challenge.

Grace said...

Somehow it all made sense, smiles ~

And I am giggling at that ending, ha

Amrit Sinha said...

I love the ending .... your junk folder is as poetic as you it seems ;-)