Thursday, April 12, 2012

"Lucky Stars" Friday Flash 55 Featuring Sebastian & Oberon


Lucky Stars

She's in love.
The signs are obvious.

His name brings a twinkle
to her eyes,
a smile to her lips
as she doodles his name
upon her notebooks.

She can't help
lean into him, dreamily,
rest her head
against his strong shoulder.

Her dad can't help
but thank his lucky stars
"He" is a horse.


by Margaret Bednar, Art Happens 365, April 13, 2012

This is for Friday Flash 55 - a story in 55 words, no more, no less! 





...and this one isn't as horse crazy... but she is very focussed on school.  :)  The horse above is Oberon the horse below is Sebastian.






16 comments:

milton said...

belas fotos,

barbara l. hale said...

Terrific photos! I really like the black and white ones.

Fireblossom said...

You can't fight true love! :-)

Alice Audrey said...

LOL. Yep. Girls and their horses - hard to separate.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! the girls and the horses!

Brian Miller said...

haha i bet dad is relieved..lol...beautiful pics...love the horses

izzy said...

Great! Hey come visit me and take some photo's of my gang!

moondustwriter said...

The simple dayz of love
a girl and her horse
love the last shot the best cuz of the angle of their profiles
all are beauty!!!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Oh I love your horses, but that's a foregone conclusion with me I guess...lol.

Myrna R. said...

The poem brought me a smile. The photos are beautiful. Really like your blog.

Nara Malone said...

Ah, I remember those days when I was horse-struck. Beautiful words and images here bring that fluttery feeling inside back to life.

G-Man said...

Margaret Bednar...
All Things Beautiful
Loved your 55
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

Lydia said...

Absolutely loved this, the surprise at the end of the 55 followed by the proof-positive gorgeous images of love.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

So jealous! I wanted a horse when I was a kid. A female comedian (I forget who) once said that if it had been up to women to invent the car, it would've never happened because we'd rather have a horse.

Margaret said...

Izzy... Where do you live? I take long weekend trips now and again. I would SO love to take photos of your horses (and kids ... )

Ginnie Hart said...

HA! What a great poem to go with these images! :)