Saturday, January 21, 2012

Imaginary Garden with Real Toads - Photography Challenge - "Surrender"


Surrender

Amongst hydrangeas
whose bloom will blush
baby blue come spring
I linger, solitaire.  Silently
observe life rush by
on bicycles and Nike clad feet.

Like incense 
wafting from an altar
peace and harmony 
chirp a soothing song
nestled within mighty oak's embrace.

This tranquil bouquet
I inhale deeply
allow it to seep
into seasoned frame.

Surrender to my charm, will you?
Enjoy this day, this moment?

Margaret Bednar, Art Happens 365, January 21, 2012

This is for Imaginary Garden with Real Toads "Photography Challenge".  Today I AM the featured photographer.  How about that!  I have made available any and all of my photos, so click on over and see what these super creative and talented people do with my images!  :)

An old poem of mine is featured, but since we are supposed to submit NEW material, I came up with this short poem from a recent walk I took.  Benches always attract my eye, but not usually my seat as I usually walking three dogs plus children. Sigh, I will surrender some day to their charm, though.  







14 comments:

Fireblossom said...

I love how you gave voice to the bench, and such an inviting voice it is. I, too, love benches, and am easily persuaded to spend a few moments parked, relaxing.

Congratulations on being a Toad, and thank you for the marvelous prompt this weekend!

Teresa said...

Thank you for being so generous to let us borrow your wonderful photography. I really like the poem you wrote today. My favorite walking place has no benches, just the ground.

Angie said...

Congratulations on being the featured photographer today. Looking at your images, I can see why! Lovely!

Wonderful poem too. :)

Kay L. Davies said...

I'm so pleased you have offered Real Toads the use of your photographs as inspiration, and very pleased you have participated with a new poem written especially for this weekend.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Martin said...

Fine photographs.

Kerry O'Connor said...

This is a fine example of an "if only they could talk" moment, and benches would have a few fine tales. I love the texture of the photos, particularly that first, and you worked interesting textures into your poem with the use of alliteration.
Your poetry has given rise to many beautiful poems, and it has been exciting to click on the links and see which photo has been used.

Brendan said...

A fine poem of plush stillness, pregnant waiting, the eternal now inhabited and celebrated. - Brendan

George said...

A lovely poem, Margaret, and, as always, beautiful photos as well.

Grace said...

Congrats on being on RT. I love your photos and your words breathing life into them.

Thanks for the wonderful prompt ~

(aka Heaven)

hedgewitch said...

Thanks, Margaret, for generously letting your photos spur our brains to write--I enjoyed just going through all your portfolios, and it was very hard to pick--I especially love the way you do statuary--you seem to photograph them as if they were living beings. Loved your poem,here, also making a living being of an inanimate object.

Mary Ann Potter said...

Serenity and sensory imagery combine so beautifully here. Thanks so much for letting us use your photographs in today's challenge. Your work is indeed wonderful!

Susie Clevenger said...

Such a beautiful poem of serenity/surrender...thank you so much for offering us your wonderful photos for inspiration.

Maude Lynn said...

Beautiful write, Margaret! I love benches, too, but my dog won't let me sit down, either.

Ginnie Hart said...

CONGRATULATIONS for your honor at Imaginary Garden, Margaret. You deserve it! I'm repeating myself but I love your work!