Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hidden Beauty


We've lived here in NC for almost two years and are finally getting around to some much needed yard work.  It is amazing what one day of hard work has already accomplished.  I am going to attempt to save this little flowering bush; it has been overcome by the junk trees around it.  It will be fun to see what it will look like next year.

I am taking my oldest daughter and her friends to the Blue Ridge Parkway (Appalachian Mountains) this weekend.  They are visiting from Petoskey, MI and I am looking forward to hanging out with them ... just hope they can keep up with me.  :)  Hubby will be home with the rest of the gang - even our son, a newly graduated high school senior!


11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that last shot is gorgeous! :)

enjoy your girls weekend! hope weather is good!

JL Dodge said...

So the rose has been there all along? I do yard work every day, so this weekend I hope to just enjoy the yard Tee hee hee
ENJOY
JL&B

Reena said...

How fun ... girls weekend! Great bonding time.
Congrats on the graduate!

Pitterle Postings said...

OH, I love these. Especially the last one. It makes me wish for roses.

Margaret said...

Thanks. I don't think this is a rose bush... Does anyone know what it is?

Margaret said...

I just found out my daughter's friend has her laptop - so it look like I won't be "stranded" after all.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

My husband and I have stayed in Asheville and spent whole days on the Blue Ridge Parkway. So beautiful!

forgetmenot said...

Lovely closeup of --I think it is a rose-like the shrub or groundcover variety. Love all the horse pictures, and the reflection of the bridge is amazing. Have a wonderful weekend with your daughter and her friend--that "Mother -Daughter" time is always special. Mickie :)

Ginnie Hart said...

I love how you do things with your family, Margaret, even when you split them up. I have a feeling everyone feels very loved, special, and included. You're an inspiration to me, to be honest!

Lisa Gordon said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos Margaret!

Margaret said...

The weekend was GREAT! I can't wait to share the photos!