Friday, October 1, 2010

21/365 "The Last Hurrah"

"Vibrant Display"
Rain, rain, rain here in the southeast.  There are more flowering bushes than flower gardens here in North Carolina, however, black-eyed susans are resilient even in this (summer) weather of heat and little rain.  Most of my "b-es" are gone, but I did notice this last one reaching up towards the rain.  In Northern Michigan I enjoyed leaving a few of my dead flowers uncut - they were pretty once again when the snow fell upon them for the first time.
"No More Plumage"
"Hanging in There"
Almost hidden under the heavy, wet leaves was this last spot of gold.  But I know this patch of hardy flowers will be back next spring.  This really isn't a last "hurrah" - they will be back stronger and more plentiful than ever.  I know as I have tried to eradicate black-eyed susans in the past.  I learned pretty quickly it is much easier to just go with the flow.

1 comment:

Rosie Grey said...

I love how the flower in your last shot is hanging in! :-) Hope it will do so for a while as it is so pretty!